1. Which of these elements are features of word stress? (Mark all that apply)
- Number of syllables
2. Check all statements that are true:
- There are different stress levels for “long” words: primary stress, secondary stres, tertiary stress.
- Word stress will not influence pronunciation.
- Suffixes do not influence the placement of word stress.
- Every word of 2 syllables or more will have at least one syllable which is stressed.
- Word stress placement may vary in certain cases depending on the variety of English (example: British English vs. American English, etc).