KEY WORDS TRANSFORMATION C1/C2
In these exercises, you need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use a minimum of THREE and a maximum of SIX words for each space.
- None of the phones were left when we got to the shop.
the shop, all the phones had been sold.
- I didn’t know it was Carl until he took off his hat.
Only his hat did I recognise Carl.
- Don’t waste your time asking Bryan to come with us.
It’s to come with us.
- Perhaps John heard the story from Pippa.
Pippa might story.
- Until they fire me as manager here, I’ll run the company my way.
the boss, I’ll run the company my way.
- The school’s management are investigating allegations of teacher brutality.
Allegations of teacher brutality the school’s management.
- It’s not possible that you saw Mary last night, she was with us!
You last night, she was with us!
- The beach was fun even though it was too cold.
too cold, the beach was fun.